The Power of your Food
Eating well and healthily is something essential to anyone who follows the Jiu-Jitsu life style. It is from the food that we get the necessary energy for training, working, doing our home daily tasks and even for having fun. The healthier the better. The healthier you are, the most happy and in good mood you will be.
Thus, it’s always great to learn new tips about food and eating habits. When I learn more, I eat better. The more I learn, the more I want to learn and know. Why is this food something good? Why is this one bad? What’s the function of this food in my organism? In my body? For my health?
Today in ‘Eating well is Jiu-Jitsu’, we will introduce you 11 powerful foods for our health.
1. Pineapple: It’s rich in bromelain, an enzyme which can break down the proteins and help with the digestion.
2. Avocado: It helps to reduce the LDL cholesterol levels (the ‘bad cholesterol’). When it is consumed in the night, it increases the amount of HGH (Growth Hormone) in the body, which works replacing the fat mass by the lean mass.
Avocado3. Brown/Whole grain rice: It is rich in fibers, making the intestine work better and helping to eliminate toxins.
4. Dandelion (tea herb): It helps the liver to eliminate exceeding fat and toxins.
5. Ginger: Stimulate the digestion, relieves the constipation and it is a great thermogenic, i.e., it speeds up the metabolism.
6. Linseed: It has high quantity of omega-3 and soluble fibers, which eliminate the bad cholesterol and helps the intestine to better work.
7. Watermelon: It has diuretic properties and, being sweet, also helps to relieve the necessity/compulsion for sugar and candies.
8. Pear: It is rich in pectin, a soluble fiber which prevents the body from absorbing carbohydrates and fat.
images9. Psyllium (soluble fiber which may be found in some natural product stores): After being dissolved in water, it becomes gelatinous and works like a sponge, helping the intestine to get rid of toxins. It also reduces the hungry.
10. Parsley: It has diuretic properties and is rich in magnesium, iron and vitamin C, all elements that help to eliminate the free radicals.
11. Celery: Besides also being a diuretic vegetable, it has a strong digestive property, helping to break down the fat molecules and preventing the gases formation.
This article has only an informative purpose and has no intention to replace a professional guidance. The use of vitamins and supplements can offer you great results, but before using any product, we strongly recommend you to visit a Nutritionist, Doctor or another specialist for an analysis and follow-up.
Note: Illustrative photos.
Sources (in Portuguese): Boa Forma Magazine
Gracie Barra Downers Grove serving Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Oakbrook, Naperville and surrounding areas.
For more info on taking a free trial call us at (630) 964-1414